What kind datnoid do I have?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
This lil one is a stunner for sure.

Have you tried crushing pellets and mixing it in with the blood worms? It’s a bit messy but usually it helps with getting the pellet into the palate.

Reactions: islandguy11

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
This lil one is a stunner for sure.

Have you tried crushing pellets and mixing it in with the blood worms? It’s a bit messy but usually it helps with getting the pellet into the palate.
no I havent tried that but now that you mention it I definitely will, thanks for the suggestion

Reactions: Matteus

Durio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2018
When I was looking for baby Dats I ran across a seller on Ebay selling Mix Bra baby Dats for $25ea. They had the same bar design as yours. I emailed him and ask what mix bra mean, he said just like the pic show. I zoomed in and the only thing I could see different were the design of the bars. So I emailed him again and said "what", he said the bars were not all the same on both sides. I said what is bra shouldn't it be mixed bar. He then changed the title to Mixed Bars. That looks like what you have. Looks pretty cool if that's what you like. For anyone looking to buy Dats in all sizes check out Datnoids on Ebay,

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Hey so just an update on the dat, hes still a very picky eater lol wont take anything but blood worms, from when I got him in the beginning of June he went from 2 inch to 2.25 inch lol I think everyone of his tankmates has outgrown him , I'm afraid there gonna kill him once hes too small

• Sad

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I hate when that happens. I had some pbass that were like that for a long time but with brine shrimp. What I had to do was, thawed out a big portion of bs then crushed up pellets, also added some probiotics, mixed it all up and re froze it in a ziplock bag.

I would feed them small chunks of the new mixture so most of it would hold together. When it thaws it is very messy and I had to increase my cleaning during this time. It was super annoying but by the end of the second week they were eventually taking pellets.

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
I hate when that happens. I had some pbass that were like that for a long time but with brine shrimp. What I had to do was, thawed out a big portion of bs then crushed up pellets, also added some probiotics, mixed it all up and re froze it in a ziplock bag.

I would feed them small chunks of the new mixture so most of it would hold together. When it thaws it is very messy and I had to increase my cleaning during this time. It was super annoying but by the end of the second week they were eventually taking pellets.
thanks for the advice, ill try making some a mixture of food and freeze it like you said, if not I guess ill just have to wait him out until hes desperate enough to eat lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store