What Kind of Car Do You Drive?

TurtleBear

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
New Hampshire
I did a search for anything related to cars or driving, and didn't see a thread related to this - sorry if I missed one!

But I was wondering - what kind of car do we all drive?? /Do you have any sweet project cars??!!

As for my cars:

-1998 Chevy S10 for my daily driver. It's the 5speed Vortec V6 model, short cab, slight lift, DIY wooden bed, camouflage DIY paint job on the cab/frame, DIY deercatcher & fogs on the front.

-1995 Mazda Mx6: heavily, heavily modified. I spent the past few minutes trying to remember & jot down everything that's been done to it and decided to stop. Suffice it to say the frame is stock & that's about it, and it's in no way street-legal ;) I'll just post pics when I finally find my digital camera!

-1980 Van Diemen RF80 Formula Ford car - it's really tired but still runs & still adheres to the specs of the race group

-1967 MGB GT, it's totally stripped down at the moment and is a long-term restoration project. The goal there is to drop in a Chevy V8 and make it a stupid-fast sleeper, but that's 10+ years down the road at the rate I'm going

I'd love to hear about/see your guys's project cars - bring it on!!!!!!

fatcat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2008
SoCal
I have a few projects, unfortunately I haven't been able to do much with them lately.

1972 Firebird daily driver. It's a plain Fb 350, completely stock. It's Hugger Orange with black interior.
1972 Vega I blew up the 400 that was in it a couple years ago. I've been wanting to mini tub and ladder bar it, it seems the longer its down, the faster it has to come back.
1970 RS Camaro My pride and joy. Almost 100% original, but needs to be gone thru. I drive it every once in a while, not sure if I want to keep it original, I've been kicking around doing a Z-28 clone, a pro touring set up, mabe even another drag car, I dont know.
Topping it off, I'm still looking to buy another Jeep, I had a 67 Wagoneer I had to sell due to space limitations :(

Lusus_Naturae

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2010
OK, USA
Got rid of my projects awhile back - I had a 1986 Porsche 944, 1983 Camaro Z28, 1972 Dodge Challenger, and a 1989 Dodge Omni. I know the last one is funny, it was a stealth beatermobile I was building. I just didn't have the time or money for some, and the Porsche 944 was my daily driver until it flooded and then I didn't have the time to repair it so I sold it.

I currently have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler - 4 inch lift, 33's, i6, fabbed bumpers, Gatorhyde inside, CB, daily driver - I guess you could say that it's a never ending project that I can drive as a modify it. It works great in that way, If I want to do something one day I can always find a project to do on it or modify on it and be done in one day. Current projects in line include getting a new set of fog lights and putting them on, cleaning up the pits in the paint from rocks and doing touchup on it before rust sets in, replacing the windshield (rock), work on the wiring for the stereo because there's a crossed ground somewhere now, buff the scratches out of the plastic windows so I can see out again, work on the lift again, I think I blew out a valve seal and the grease doesn't stay in like it should. There's always something I can find to do - if I didn't work a mining site where I off-road daily at work I wouldn't have much to do.

We also have my girl's 2005 Chrysler Sebring convertible. I have a few projects for this car, but not much, it's a daily driver for her.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI,2005 Hyundai Sonata.......

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Nothing exciting, just an old beat-up Subaru Forester. My wife drives our "nice" car, a Volvo XC90 (SUV). We also have a 1973 Bug Convertible that sits in the barn - I think it has been two years since we've driven it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store