What Kind Of Mixture?

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
If I wanted to keep a smaller tank of Invertebrates how many different varieties can you keep together? I have done a bit of reading of threads etc and I know crayfish tend to eat what they catch which leads me to believe probably not pair them with shrimp? I apologize for the ignorance but I have seen a couple tank setups and they just look like they would be fun to keep.

Thanks

Reactions: tlindsey

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I'd do a wide array of the neocardinia (I may have misspelled that) like cheery reds crystal blues and blacks and some snails
Btw yes you did misspell the word neocaridina, ya just accidentally swapped where one the i's was supposed to go.
But yes totally agreed that neo's would be the way to go. He could also try some amano shrimp or bamboo shrimp with em too since they mainly filter feeders.

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
So crabs and crawfish would not go into the mix I suppose?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So if I went crab/crawfish and snails they could coexist? Sorry I am just trying to learn about the inverts.
Crayfish and Crabs won't coexist. Either the Crayfish will do in the Crab or vise versa. The only aquatic Crab I can think of atm is Fiddler Crabs so no go.

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
Crayfish and Crabs won't coexist. Either the Crayfish will do in the Crab or vise versa. The only aquatic Crab I can think of atm is Fiddler Crabs so no go.
So at the end of the day its basically pick one... because they wont work well together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store