What Kind Of Mixture?

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
Well that's a bummer... but thank you for the input. I suppose I once the tank is cycled we shall see where I go.

Reactions: tlindsey

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
I'd go with different types of neo shrimp as well if you're looking for multiple specimens in a single tanks. Crayfish do best when kept alone, they will fight & try to kill off eachother.
You can at least do shrimp and snails correct?

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
Can you mix crabs and craws? Just curious... I have read everything from people keeping everything to species only so its a bit conflicting. Either way I got my tank home have to clean then cycle it and I plan to do black sand... I have a couple large pieces of drift wood in there, going to put some plants in there and maybe a couple rocks for hiding places. But I figure would be a good environment for a crab or craw def snails... probably not shrimp as they would be food. Once tank is ready and going maybe some fast mover fish but for now no fish

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Can you mix crabs and craws? Just curious... I have read everything from people keeping everything to species only so its a bit conflicting. Either way I got my tank home have to clean then cycle it and I plan to do black sand... I have a couple large pieces of drift wood in there, going to put some plants in there and maybe a couple rocks for hiding places. But I figure would be a good environment for a crab or craw def snails... probably not shrimp as they would be food. Once tank is ready and going maybe some fast mover fish but for now no fish
Crabs and craws will fight for territory and to kill each other. Also when it comes to crabs they "must" have access to open air to molt properly. So you would have to have a ramp for them to get out of the water so they can she'd their shell and harden the new one in the open air without getting wet during the process.
Craws do not have to go thru this same process and are able to do this all under water.

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
Ok well thanks for the tips... looks like this setup won’t be as I hoped but still going to try a few things to see how it works. I think I know how I’m going to set it up after advice and reading.

thanks again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store