What kind of net???

walls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
I am moving four 6" to 9" pictus cats and am concerned about them getting caught in the net. Any thoughts on what kind of net to use? Would one with the large openings be best?

I once tried to move a 5" pleco with a "typical" green net and hr got so tangled I had to cut him out, really dont want that to happen again.

Columbian Shark 3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
IN
I've not found a low risk net as of yet. My largest Pim got caught in the net and I had to cut him out. Doing fine now but he was lucky. in the future my intent is to get a clear plastic cup and drill many many small holes in the base of it while leaving the sides solid. I've got an old nets handle that I'd like to fasten the cup to. Hope this is of some help to you lol.

plecostic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
USA
Here is something that has been working for me. A plastic bowl strainer with a handle I used it on an large Oscar, Pleco and Pacu. The bigger or wider you can find the better. You just scoop them up and there's nothing they can do about it lol I also use a net on top to prevent them from jumping.

Owain4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
amongst the trees
ha seems like it will be pretty bulky trying to catch him with that. The plastic black fishing nets work great for not tangling fish

plecostic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
USA
No matter what you use, you'll need holes in it to move through the water. At least with the plastic strainer, the holes are too big for fish to get snagged on. I've used it many times and it's quick, safe and fast. Perhaps, they need to make a net with larger holes for bigger fish ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store