What should I do with these?

Crustman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
Thanks Oddball, I wish you were closer and I would drive them over. They would be great friends with your giant pleco. Thanks for the species name also. My only hope of getting rid of them is a fish store.

Crustman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
Mosdefenate;648955; said:
i have one of those that ive beent rying to get rid of FOREVER! its good for nothing lol, i also have the same ships you have! try giving em to a lfs for free or somthig

Thanks Mosdefenate, sorry you have one of these. Those aren't ships, they are castles and I got them with the tank.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Dang, There are two irridescent sharks at a local quiznos here, and I can't talk them into giving them to me. Their noses are all banged up because they are around 2 ft. and they have them in a 90 gal tall. I would take them both in an instant, but they won't part with them and think they are fine in a tank that is 36" tall 48" long, and 18" wide. Sad that some people just won't listen. I'll try to get some pics sometime. If only you were a lil closer to montana.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Crustman;649047; said:
Thanks Oddball, I wish you were closer and I would drive them over. They would be great friends with your giant pleco. Thanks for the species name also. My only hope of getting rid of them is a fish store.
Ya know...there IS another alternative. Seeing as these catfish are raised for the food market...

fishfry.jpg

Crustman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
Necrocranis, just be sure you never order the Quiznos catfish sub. :) :) Sorry, you aren't closer. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" Why do you like these so much? They have tiny teeth and little beedy eyes. They are cool when they are 2 inches. Petsmart says that they are fine for a 20 gallon tank. :ROFL:

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I am in love with all catfish my friend. Check out my posts. lol. You'll be hard pressed to find one that doesn't mention catfish. Currently I have 18 species of catfish. Next year I will be looking to upgrade my catfish pond from the current 6 ft. dia 350gal to a self built pond with liner of around 8ft x 8ft x 3ft. That should last them for a while. My goal in this hobby is to own one of every catfish that gets more than 3ft. lol., and all pimelodids. Besides huge fish have huge personalities. My 31" hybrid is quite the character. Eats out of my hand, lets me pet him, and eats anything I am willing to give him.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
necrocanis;649564;649564 said:
I am in love with all catfish my friend. Check out my posts. lol. You'll be hard pressed to find one that doesn't mention catfish. Currently I have 18 species of catfish. Next year I will be looking to upgrade my catfish pond from the current 6 ft. dia 350gal to a self built pond with liner of around 8ft x 8ft x 3ft. That should last them for a while. My goal in this hobby is to own one of every catfish that gets more than 3ft. lol., and all pimelodids. Besides huge fish have huge personalities. My 31" hybrid is quite the character. Eats out of my hand, lets me pet him, and eats anything I am willing to give him.
Does that mean you are going to own a LDA065 monster like Oddball use to have?

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Oddball;649104; said:
Ya know...there IS another alternative. Seeing as these catfish are raised for the food market...
Dammit beat me again !! LOL

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
:iagree:
necrocanis;649564; said:
love all those beautiful cats.. and these are monster cats that makes them really special.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
WyldFya;649868; said:
Does that mean you are going to own a LDA065 monster like Oddball use to have?
Would love to. Any catfish as stated. Including LDA065.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store