What should I get

Aliasthefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2023
I have a 15000 indoor pond with one American paddlefish 5 oscars and a redtail does anyone know some cool fish that I could get for it I was looking into a bowfin or a musky or larger type of pike or maybe an emperor cichlid if I can find one for sale

Aliasthefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2023
Wow - what a dream. What about a sturgeon or something?
I’ve thought about it but from what I’ve been told they need insane amounts of aeration to survive so I would have a spend a crap ton of money to set up super powerful aeration system which I worry would freak out my red tail when he’s swimming around the bottom of the pond

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Before answering, what size are the fish you have currently?
Already concerned that the Oscar’s will only be a short term habitant of the pond as they grow no where near large enough to co habit with the redtail. Also 15000 what, 15000 litres or 15000 gallons? Big difference.

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Aliasthefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2023
Gallon
Already concerned that the Oscar’s will only be a short term habitant of the pond as they grow no where near large enough to co habit with the redtail. Also 15000 what, 15000 litres or 15000 gallons? Big difference.
gallons and the oscars tend to form a group and I’ve never seen the red tail have any aggression towards the other fish i mainly think it’s because they stay out of each other’s vicinity and the paddle fish is around his size

Reactions: Caperguy99

Aliasthefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2023
Welcome aboard
I don't think a Muskie or a Emperor Cichlid will be compatible.
:worthlesswithoutpic:
The musky I kind of agree but from what I’ve heard the emperor cichlids tend to ignore fish to large for them to eat I only thought of the Muskie because the pond is temperature controlled at 79 Fahrenheit but I do think something like a chain pickerel might be better

Aliasthefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2023
Oh and the smallest Oscar is 13 inches and the largest is 16 inches the smallest being the youngest and largest being one of the oldest and the rtc is 41 inches id say and the paddle fish is a little under five feet now I believe but like I said the rtc just keeps to himself

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store