what tankmates (in group) suits arowana

Kieranuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
England, UK
I would do dats, pbass, rays, redhook silver dollar's or frontosa's. I have also seen that picture of the ray beaten up by aro but I think the ray was either about to die or already dead when aro went in to eat it.

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
I've never kept an asian, but pbass and geos work well with my silver. I'd also think that rays, catfish, silver dollars, larger barbs, etc. will all work too. I'd just search the photo lounge for asian arowanas and see what others have done and then pick a combination that you like. Just keep in mind that the individual personality of the fish will play a huge role in the compatibility of them.

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
paOol said:
rays, and dats, and definately pbass.
:thumbsup:
A lot of guys are suggesting peacock bass, but don't you think his tank is too small for them? (5x2x2 = 150G)

I would recommend a group of about 5 clown loaches that are at least 6", and maybe a ray or 2 to occupy the bottom of the tank.

for the middle layer, I would go for some dats, a flagtail (fei feng) or a school of fast moving fish like bala sharks, tinfoil barbs or silver dollars. What would also look amazing, but is risky and expensive, would be a group of large discus.

JB

mon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
singapore
wow... thanks a lot guys... any other odd but nice combination to add..

lets not talk about the common combination, try something different would be nice.

prm

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
the lfs
I think if the discus are big enough say 6in. they would be much too big for a aro to eat because thats harder to swallow than a cylindrical fish (peacock bass for ex.) that was 8in.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
A group of schooling characins, like myleus schomburgkii would be nice. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store