Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
piranha45 said:
oddball, what did u do w/ the mako?
The shark was caught on my grandfather's boat. He and my dad basically took over the disposition of the shark. The fins and skin were sold to an oriental processing company, One side was sold to several restaurants. We kept the other side of meat (mako is my 2nd favorite shark to eat). My grandfather kept the jaws until he passed on. My dad got the jaws until my mom ordered it gone. Now, the jaws are back in my possession.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
does make have a 'fishy' flavor like pollock and cod, or does it taste like tuna or tilapia?

cooldude123

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2007
maine
by hand: an american eel bout as long as my arm
on hook'in line: 0 pounds 0 ounces (it was invisible i couldn't tell what it was)

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
WOW!!! Talk about digging up old threads. This one is two years old :nilly:

To play the game: 5ft black tip shark.

To not play the game: Worse tasting fish ~ Atlantic Sharp Nose shark:barf:

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
10' Lemon Shark off the Keys last summer along with 4-5' barracuda and some big yellow fin tuna. Was on a charter and the guy next to me caught a 13' tiger shark almost at the same time I caught my Lemon. We didn't keep them though as we didn't want to and we didn't know what to do with them if we had. Kept some cudas and tuna though.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
lol yah I just read this after I got notified it was moved, this thing is old haha. Well now the biggest fish I caught is a bowfin -_- and the tasty fish I caught is still a catfish =[

Kobi9019

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2007
Connecticut
I might as well add my behemoth, My biggest is a 6' 40 lb sailfish, and the tastiest Mahi-Mahi of course. Hopefully next week I will get a nice fish Drift fishing or private chartering. I would LOVE a nice swordfish.

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Kobi9019;1066565; said:
I might as well add my behemoth, My biggest is a 6' 40 lb sailfish, and the tastiest Mahi-Mahi of course. Hopefully next week I will get a nice fish Drift fishing or private chartering. I would LOVE a nice swordfish.
My tastiest was a Mahi-Mahi as well. I think the meat kinda tastes like chicken. It sure is dense enough lol. Where did you catch your Sail. Also are you starting a charter? If you are I live in CT and will be the first aboard lol.

Kobi9019

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2007
Connecticut
Cross127;1066606; said:
My tastiest was a Mahi-Mahi as well. I think the meat kinda tastes like chicken. It sure is dense enough lol. Where did you catch your Sail. Also are you starting a charter? If you are I live in CT and will be the first aboard lol.
I caught the sailfish off of West Palm Beach in Florida. I would love to do a charter sometime up here, they're just so expensive though. I'm going to Florida next week, but I will keep this in mind and let you know if I plan anything for fall.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store