What the hith??...

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
so my pacu often bumps himself on driftwood and rocks I have in my aquarium, but nothing typically too major. So I didn’t think too much of this at first. He had a red or pink spot on his head that was roughly the size of a scale or two. So I dosed with a bit of salt and basically just waited for it to go away on its own. However now this spot has grown and it has been there about a month. I’m beginning to think it may be something more than typical wear and tear. I hope I’m wrong, but is this hole in the head? I can’t imagine it would be though, I feed it a very diverse omnivorous diet including pellets, frozen and fresh vegetables, frozen brine shrimp, krill, and bloodworms. I also do a 75% wc weekly, and often 2 times a week replace the filter floss.

Just wondering if anyone has any insights?....

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Could be a bacterial ulcer that developed on the site of an injury?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It’s not hith looking.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Maybe Go_redfish Go_redfish do you have any insights on this? You seem to have a vast knowledge on treatments and diagnosis of fish ailments.

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Maybe Go_redfish Go_redfish do you have any insights on this? You seem to have a vast knowledge on treatments and diagnosis of fish ailments.
Hard to tell without being able to examine the fish for myself. From the photo it looks like a puncture wound. Is it presenting any changed behavior or stress response?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Hard to tell without being able to examine the fish for myself. From the photo it looks like a puncture wound. Is it presenting any changed behavior or stress response?
Is the fish changing behaviour or stress? Or the wound?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I have a local friend who says it may be a tumour because it has grown, and it will need to be cut off. He also mentioned treating it with beta iodine, thinking it might be an infection.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store