What the most you paid for a piece of DECOR?

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Gr8KarmaSF said:
What the most you've paid for a piece of DECOR and what was it?

I only ask because Ive been eye'in this piece of fake driftwood that would look really nice for my clown loaches. Its about a foot and a half long and sits horizontally with bits and pieces of it broken off so that you can peek inside and see whats going on without the fish knowing you are watching them. :woot:

I really want it but havent justified the price of $70 in my head!
Wow that sounds exactly like the piece of fake driftwood I purchased for my BGK. It was about 14" long, and hollow with some fake plants coming off it.. slits in the side so you can peek inside like you said.

I think I paid about $25 for it.. It was a 'new addition' at the time about 6mo ago, as they had never carried that type before. If you're crafty, you can figure out a way to pay less than that because Wal-mart employees are incredibly naive :)

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i paied like 80 for d.w.. i returned it tho.... i get rock from around the block now

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Paid $21 for a big piece of texas holey rock at an auction today.Cant believe I spent that much on a rock but it was cool

NVTE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
US
I paid $500 for the gold ring that accident drop in and stay for good 3 months. :grinno:

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
Doesn't it drive you crazy how much they charge for these simple things? I always try to get tank decor items from places other than the petstore because of the high prices,just make sure they are safe for your fish! The most I've spent was probably on fake plants or a scuba diving dog or something? ;) :ROFL:

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
big E said:
Doesn't it drive you crazy how much they charge for these simple things? I always try to get tank decor items from places other than the petstore because of the high prices,just make sure they are safe for your fish! The most I've spent was probably on fake plants or a scuba diving dog or something? ;) :ROFL:
Yeah, no kidding..

For my hard water tanks I will buy a 50lb bag of Silica sand for $6, then go to the garden nursery store and buy about 100lbs of slate for $5.. Then after that, I go to wal-mart and pikc up a bunch of $0.99 houseplants..

I can fully deck out a tank for about 20 bucks when most people would spend 200 at a LFS on the same style setup!

Atarax

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
Gainesville, Florida(Go Gators!)
I keep SW, surely live rock wont count as decor....i have a rock that is roughly 35 pounds and cost 7.99 a pound...do the math, i about crapped my pants :WHOA: . but i couldnt tell em to put it back cuz i was tryin to impress this chick in the store.:ROFL:

Magnus30

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
Michigan
I spent $100 on a 2-piece castle decoration, took it out after a month didn't like it:swear:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store