what to do to build arrowana tank?

walrus14

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2017
i planning to get a black arro. what water temperature and ph value should I maintain for the tank. so far there are few African chichild living happily in the tank. I heard arrowana is super sensitive and hard to take care . any advise on what to do before introducing my arrowana to the tank ?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
i planning to get a black arro. what water temperature and ph value should I maintain for the tank. so far there are few African chichild living happily in the tank. I heard arrowana is super sensitive and hard to take care . any advise on what to do before introducing my arrowana to the tank ?
What size aquarium? Personally wouldn't risk Aro with African Cichlids.

Reactions: celebrist

walrus14

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2017
What size aquarium? Personally wouldn't risk Aro with African Cichlids.
4ft long . yeah I'm planning to move the chichild to another tank. let the aro grow bigger and slowly introduce tank mates . can I just move my arrowana straight to the tank or theres a certain temperature and ph level for aro

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
4ft long . yeah I'm planning to move the chichild to another tank. let the aro grow bigger and slowly introduce tank mates . can I just move my arrowana straight to the tank or theres a certain temperature and ph level for aro
temperature mid 70s to low 80s, pH around 6.5, but 6-7 is fine, but you will need a larger tank eventually

Reactions: walrus14
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store