What to do with my 18" Clown

LittleBlueSubaru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Pittsburgh PA
I have had my clown knife, Quasi, for a couple of years now. He is fantastically healthy, great looking fish. He has grown to approx 18" long x 7" high and about an inch thick. I was planning on moving him into my 220 gal but I went for africans instead. He most certainly has outgrown the 55 he is in. I have a call into the Pittsburgh Zoo for them to adopt him( I am unsure of the sex using him just because). Otherwise I am going to have to find Quasi a new home. The LFS takes trades, but I would rather see him go to someone who would appreciate him.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

My apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
If I was closer....I have a soft spot for clown knives.....I saved a 16" one from a 29. Maybe try posting a thread in buy and sell or on aquabid.com. Maybe your lfs will let you put up a "for sale" flyer?

Good luck finding that monster a home and WELCOME TO MFK!

Nate_N_Nicole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Flat Rock, Mi
wow,,, thats a monster!!! that would be cool to see your own fish at the zoo thou :thumbsup:

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
An 18 inch fish in a 55 gallon? You are about a year late getting rid of him:eek:

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Make a post in the buy and sell section.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
How far are you from New Jersey? I am looking for one for my 300g. I love them! I used to have 2 but my red tail cat ate them both. Will he eat frozen food. I don't feed any live stuff anymore.

LittleBlueSubaru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Pittsburgh PA
Hey jsodwi,

I am on the other side of PA. It would be a haul 6-7 hours. Quasi is a great eater. I feed him live food about once a month, and frozen and pellet food daily.

LittleBlueSubaru

LittleBlueSubaru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Pittsburgh PA
And Armic ,

You are correct that the fish needed a new home sooner. But please realize that your belittling approach serves nobody and makes people not want to jion and enjoy great sites likes MFK. Please show some restraint and courtesy.

LittleBlueSubaru

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
ya they can get like that here but its just like tuff love. but hay i would love to buy it off you if i lived closer. thats an awsome fish. good luck finding him a home. and :welcome: to MFK

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Their my favorite fish. Ever since I saw one at the age of 7, I've always wanted one that big. I wish you were closer, I would take him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store