what to do with the hospital tank?

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
hey everyone,
since my silver aro is now gone. I am going to buy one or two more tomarrow. my question is, what steps should I take with my hospital tank? I plan to grow the aro or aro's out in my 29 for at least a couple of weeks. I want to keep them quarantined before putting them in the 220. I think my silver had a swim bladder problem which means no disease. but I had epsom salt in the tank. I have changed out about 80% of the water I did about 40% new water and 40% water from my 220 and added prime. should I dose with melafix in case of diseases? or is the tank fine for the new arrivals. please give me some info. thanks

p.s. the aro's are only 5" or so.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
Don't mess with medications unless you think it's neccessary, and in this case, it's not. Don't just add medication "just in case", because the result might just be the opposite of what you're hoping for.

Is your 29g tank cycled?

What other fish is in the 220g tank?

If there's no other fish in there, then simply add the silver aros in there.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
29 is cycled. I though it would be easier to monitor feeding for the first couple of weeks in the 29. also I do have other fish in my 220 and I don't want to introduce disease to it. if there is not left over threat from the old silver I will just put them it there for a while. thanks

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
If you really think there might be a threat, than I would strip and bleach the tank, if I thought that therew was a low possibity of a fish killer then before I would put in any thing pricey I would dump in a few marbled hatchetfish. They tend to catch everything they are exposed to so they act like canaries in a coal mine. If they get sick you disinfect the tank, if not you have some interesting feeders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store