What to stock in my 55 gal? Please vote :)

What fish should I put in my 55gal?

• GT

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Pair JD

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Other (Please tell me which and why)

Votes: 21 36.2%

• Total voters

flemming

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2008
netherlands
you must take a snow arowana that's a nice fish

fsubulldogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
detroit, michigan
i would go with a single GT. they are beautiful fish and would look awesome in a 55g. post a pic when you finally do get a fish

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
a green terror would be nice but may out grow a 55 eventually

Headrush

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Upstate New York
flemming;1536860; said:
you must take a snow arowana that's a nice fish

In a 55?!?!?!

:eek::eek::WHOA::WHOA:

:grinno:

Salvini are amazing. But they're mean little ba$tards when they pair up. Since they're a bit smaller than GT's and JD's a pair would make for a great tank if you planted it. They love planted tanks:headbang2

For a single fish...male GT's and male JD's get about the same size so its a toss up for me. depends on the personality of the fish. My male GT is like a dog. swims over to the corner of the tank next to me in my recliner when I watch TV, and hangs out. VERY cool fish

Headrush

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Upstate New York
For Africans you're gona want to find a way to raise your PH levels to around 8.0-8.2 ish I believe.

Some of the sand substrate availble will raise it and keep it there (of course - Duh), but that has worked for me with my 30 that I keep Red Jewel cichlids in. It sticks right around 8-8.1

Hope it works out for you either way

Good luck

fishnoob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2004
Martin,TN
Headrush;1540007; said:
For Africans you're gona want to find a way to raise your PH levels to around 8.0-8.2 ish I believe.

Some of the sand substrate availble will raise it and keep it there (of course - Duh), but that has worked for me with my 30 that I keep Red Jewel cichlids in. It sticks right around 8-8.1

Hope it works out for you either way

Good luck
What is the correct way to find out the ph of my water? I know use a kit. But what's the most accurate one. I heard letting my tap water sit for a day or so then test it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store