what to stock my 75 with

Bret11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2018
I would go with paratilapia polleni. Grows around 10", somewhat oddball, beautiful cichlid. Add a group of dithers at your discretion.

Flowerhorn would be another good choice. Lots of different varieties and types to choose from. Good in a bare bottom scape.
What do you guys think about a zebra pike, I think that 75 gallons is probably too small even if he's by himself but i just wanted to get another opinion

Bret11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2018
Well a green terror, jack dempsey, or a salvini would be perfect as a single pet. If you want multiple, you could go for some bichirs with an african butterfly fish and a leopard bush fish/leaf fish. Some shell dwellers or other small lake tanganyikan cichlids would be cool, some smaller south american cichlids like apistogrammas would work well.
How big will the Salvini get

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
What do you guys think about a zebra pike, I think that 75 gallons is probably too small even if he's by himself but i just wanted to get another opinion
regani is one of the smallest pike cichlids. Really interesting behaviour. You just need to get a lot of leaves in the tank to make the right PH.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
regani is one of the smallest pike cichlids. Really interesting behaviour. You just need to get a lot of leaves in the tank to make the right PH.
I have a regani dwarf pike cichlid right now. When I got her young, I put her with 3 rummynose tetras, 1 disappeared one day, days later half of one was floating around, 1 week later my last one was floating around with just a head. If you get regani dwarf pikes get larger bodied tetras as these guys will ambush skinnier tetras. Very interesting cichlids.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Maybe 6 upsidedown catfish, school of 20 congo tetras, 1 african knife fish, 4 african butterflyfish, 3 ropefish, and a pair of jewel cichlids. No clue if this combo would work, just thought of it now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store