What To Use To Draw On Plexi Glass Tanks

need2ball

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. What can I used to draw on a Plexi Glass tank that is not permanent. I need to drill a series of holes in the back of my tank and would like to sketch it out first.

RebelRiver

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
I was thinking dry erase board marker. Has anyone tried that?
I use dry erase on my tanks in the lab all the time to document any day-to-day concerns, even on my plastic Sterilite "condos". I like that it's easily wiped away which might not be so handy when you're doing the actual drilling because of smudging. I'd use an Expo marker to start then maybe a Sharpie when you're happy so your markings don't accidentally "disappear". Removal is easy, as stated above.

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
I've no idea, but i did see a thread where a tank had been ruined by dry erase markers. Caused serious crazing in the shape of the words written.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
With 126 tanks, I used grease pencil notes on each tank of the species in each tank, food types and amounts to feed and whether or not spawning/fry-tending was going on. This helped the others that helped me maintain the tanks whenever I traveled out of town. The grease pencil worked on glass and acrylic tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store