What type of hybrid is this?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Looks like a fading flowerhorn or red Texas. Probably a flowerhorn. Some don’t get red till they are adults.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
It is an early red texas cross. Likely a first gen Carpintis x parrot. Not a drop of fh blood I can assure you. Will be a cool fish but not much hope for high contrast in pearls as they are fading along with base color.
Here is a shortbody version with coraled-out pearls as yours is doing. Still visable pearls but less shine and no more greens and blues in them. Look how similar the face profile is with yours. It was a shortbody carpintis x king kong parrot fry.
2014-02-16 15.42.39-1.jpg

Last edited:

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
It is an early red texas cross. Likely a first gen Carpintis x parrot. Not a drop of fh blood I can assure you. Will be a cool fish but not much hope for high contrast in pearls as they are fading along with base color.
Here is a shortbody version with coraled-out pearls as yours is doing. Still visable pearls but less shine and no more greens and blues in them. Look how similar the face profile is with yours. It was a shortbody carpintis x king kong parrot fry.
View attachment 1457035
If it turns out like this one it's still going to be a lovely fish.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
If it turns out like this one it's still going to be a lovely fish.
Definitely, T Tastymintz fish has a very pleasing color being revealed. If it was my fish I would give it plenty of bright lighting (sunlight through a window too) to see how dark pink / red it can get once fully faded.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store