What type of ray do i have...?

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
HA, I figured correctly in Pets plus. Yea Matt is the owner. hes an ok guy. Will work with the customer. Ive gone to the Londonderry store 2 weeks in a row looking for the black aro they keep telling me theyre getting. but it seems like each time the order comes in with a "next week" next to the black aro order, so I have yet to see the fish. Ive seen them there before tho. Right now they have a bunch of silver aro. I saw a lei mis marked about 5 yrs ago, they had no idea what it was. But with a pet store like pets plus, they are not experts on ID, so sometimes you can get a really good deal, other times, u draw the short straw. They sell "yellow hystrix" there, but never have I once ever seen a true hystrix there. I even showed matt a picture of my true hystrix and he told me they weren't hystrix. So hes a good guy, will work with you on deals sometimes, is professional, but unfortunately not an expert in all ID. Look up FISH MIKE AQUATICS LLC. Hes opening his Fish/Reptile shop in Manchester in the next few weeks. Hell be down to special order you anything.

Rheowe92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Nashua, Nh
Yes matts my neighbor. The two motoros that were with the silver aros are my motoros one passed then friday they got my large reticulated and i put a deposit and picker him up yesterday. I cannget matt to order anything wether they are coming in or not hell have them in for me. What was the price for a black aro? I want one also i might have him order me one friday for next weeks shipment. If so ill grab two and if you want one ill have them both. Ya they dont always know the correct id on fish but matt living next to me makesthings easyer because ive known him for several years and his family. Jays the freshwater girl brittany knows alot. And will sell you the CORRECT fish of what it exzacly is but the prices arnt always nice there. You have to catch it at the right time. They have a stock list online every wed. Night. Ya matt has over 10 silver aros right now. I might even pickup that kamfa flower horn thats in the bow front setup on the side of the ray tank. But hes $150 but beautiful colors. Place in mass has a beautiful motoro for 180 right now 8 inches beautiful ray but im afraid ill buy that when i get paid friday and then something will comenalong... That i really want then i wont have the cash for it. This place also has a 7 inch jardini for 180$ but idk i want him but him being $10 more then the ray is a by pricey. Wish i could find a hystrix this time of year

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Eats me out of house and home man. He eats anything i offer him. Trout worms, blood worms, frozen krill, feeders, anything he takes it.
kind of disappointed i paid 300$ for him thought. I have always tryed keeping reticulated rays when there babys i pickdd up a few for $50 each awile back and they just refused everything even live black worms. They wanted to eat nothing :/ i really want a hyxtris i use to have one befor i moved and i miss my hyxtris alot
Good score on that ray. As you noted, the young retics don't do well. You should be very happy with the one you have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store