What would you do? (Warning - Graphic Photo)

snakeheader

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
ohio
would have done the same,snares tear up coyotes pretty good,i used them for some time and just got tired of them,they catch animals not ment to be caught and then you pretty much have to kill them cause if not there gona suffer because the snair tore em up

now i just use live traps for the coyotes,that way i can release coons and stuff,plus if i get a coyote pup (ive only got one)i raise them,they dont make the best pets so i dont advise it,get very attached to only one person and will bite anyone else

DABoepple

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
New york
where i live theres domestic dogs that escape and breed with coyotes we call them coy dogs (idk if anywhere else does) well my father lives on a farm and constantly has to kill them before they kill all of our chickens too, they also have a tendancy to get in fights with all of the local dogs and sometimes kill them so dont think too much of what you did it was for the best

snakeheader

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
ohio
^ we have them to,bred with one of my neigbors show labs,always trying to get to our chickens,thats why we trap them

Adam-011

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
Hampton VA
U got to do what you got to do. Dont feel bad. I think you should use a trap. My uncle has some chickens and Coyotes got in the pin so he fenced the hole thing off Top and all. But He now uses a trap and he catches Bobcats/Coons Wesles but his is only 2ft tall. They are very afective.

kntrygrl4lyfe

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2007
Pensacola, fl
I remember at a High school football game a manged looking coyote after the game was wondering close and it bit the main football player. The next game it bit an old lady, someone shot it and come to find out it had rabies

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I'm actually really glad I was able to put it out of its misery, the wire had cut so deeply into the back of its neck it was a wonder it could even kill a chicken. It was unable to hunt its natural diet, so it goes after easy prey.

I think we're done with chickens, we've lost more than 30 of them to bobcats (17 to one!), hawks, raccoons, hawks, and now a coyote. I had to shoot the bobcat that ate 17 chickens, it was taking them out of my yard in the middle of the afternoon. I am tired of feeding the wildlife and even more tired of shooting them...

Adam-011

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
Hampton VA
It realy takes a toll on you. My uncle is still thinking about ending his chickens. Because he Fenced it all in and a weasel or sumthing climded through the roof and killed like 3 Chickens and didnt even eat them. And all the weasels/Bobcats/Hawks/Coyotes eat all his quail so he cant train his dogs properly.

chesterfieldzoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2008
michigan
This is all so sad. Do you know for sure that coyote got your chicken (did you look in his belly?) He was gorgeous. I am sitting here with a black silky bantam chick in my shirt. Since I only have one and live in the suburbs, it will sleep in the house. I think chickens wandering around outside is so cool. I would be very upset to lose any though.

jdiidy271

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
new york
stupid coyotes!!! over here were i live, coyotes are crazy!!!! they have eaten a couple pet dogs and even have killed a small child!!!

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
You did what needed to be done. I would have done the same. Don't feel too bad about this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store