whats a good fish to clean up my oscars mess?

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
just looked up the hoplo neat fish. He will have extra food I feed the bichir sinking carnivore pellets.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Raphaels are useless. They are couch potatoes. Heck, I see mine only once in awhile and never saw it for six months last year, same with the Trachelyopterus galeatus. I sometimes forget they exist.

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
Lupin;2685022; said:
Raphaels are useless. They are couch potatoes. Heck, I see mine only once in awhile and never saw it for six months last year, same with the Trachelyopterus galeatus. I sometimes forget they exist.

Totally agree, lol. They won't clean anything. I made mine a PVC tube/hide out and he's even more lazy.:ROFL:

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
seds;2683402; said:
My tinfoil barbs used to hang around my OSCAR when he ate and pick up the scraps that spew out of his (her) gills.

They also ... (barf) like to pick up the oscar's craps... and eat em. I guess oscar's digestive systems are inefficient enough that the poo has some nutritional value and (gag) flavor leftover from the cichlid pellets.

They sometimes bite the oscar's buttock when it is comming. No joke. I am not sure a smaller kind of cyprinid such as filamentous barbs or spanner barbs would do the same, but they definitely would eat the tiny chunks that come out of the O's gills. Unless you have a 150 + gallon tank I would not suggest tinfoil barb.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
I love how detailed you were here.

Its so true too. My Tinfoils always eat my oscar's poop. And thats after they have stuffed themselves on food at the surface and leftovers from my Oscar.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Lupin;2685022; said:
Werd I have a raphael IMO they suck at being pet fish they never come out of their hiding spots EVER

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
I have a school of clown loaches that follow my big oscar around when I feed him krill. They eat everything that flies out of his gills. The loaches are fat cause the oscar really only eats about 50% of what goes in his mouth. He's a messy eater.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
aldiaz33;2685550; said:
I have a school of clown loaches that follow my big oscar around when I feed him krill. They eat everything that flies out of his gills. The loaches are fat cause the oscar really only eats about 50% of what goes in his mouth. He's a messy eater.
LOL mine does the same thing:ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store