Whats in the bag?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Feeding - eel: 1 , me:0

I forgot how bad of eye sight these have. I thought I'd be slick and hand feed. Joker nailed my finger shook 2x then went back in the rockwork. Enough of that nonsense but atleast its eating day 2 though.
Yeah tongs are a great tool......if you like fingers, you know attached to your hand.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Yeah tongs are a great tool......if you like fingers, you know attached to your hand.
Yeah a feeding stick is on the agenda tomorrow. It's only 12 - 15" tops, but she meant business.

Do you think it will be alright in a 180 at this size? Finding food wise. I was going to quarantine for a few months then transfer, but I'm not so sure its a good idea now.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yeah a feeding stick is on the agenda tomorrow. It's only 12 - 15" tops, but she meant business.

Do you think it will be alright in a 180 at this size? Finding food wise. I was going to quarantine for a few months then transfer, but I'm not so sure its a good idea now.

The Snowflake Moray will be fine in the 180 gallon and will find food. I personally had a juvenile Snowflake like yours in my 180 btw they love Squid.

Reactions: twentyleagues

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I was at another members house a few months before we moved. I dont know what kind of eel it was, i think but it was gorgeous and probably thicker than my arm. I couldnt imagine getting bit by one of them

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I was at another members house a few months before we moved. I dont know what kind of eel it was, i think but it was gorgeous and probably thicker than my arm. I couldnt imagine getting bit by one of them
I've owned a lot of nasty fish, but I believe this snowflake is the most savage one eating wise to date. Taking a hit from an adult @ 2ft+ would be a real bad day.

snowflake-eel-584a02913df78c491ef4ad92.jpg

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store