What's in the box? It's polys!

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
It does look good!

My Moke has active and lazy phases. Last night he was swimming like mad, today he's a lump. :)

I wonder if there'd be color changes to your Moke if you added some brown or black sand to that mix....

Reactions: clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
It does look good!

My Moke has active and lazy phases. Last night he was swimming like mad, today he's a lump. :)

I wonder if there'd be color changes to your Moke if you added some brown or black sand to that mix....
Does Soba have lazy phases that last for weeks?

I do have some black sand. I don't know of any places that sell brown. Do you? Is Soba more green than Willow? Getting her colors to pop would be very nice.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Not weeks... but he is more lazy than he was when I first got him overall for sure. You know, you just don't get polys for tank movement. ;) Except maybe Sens and Pollis.

Not sure re: brown sand. Maybe CaribSea? If you have black you might just try it and see.

Soba is definitely greener and has more contrasting patterns than your not-named-PLANTFACE Moke. But I'm not sure how much is substrate vs. individual fish. Cohazard Cohazard would be a great resource on that topic as he has a bunch on the same substrate, but I haven't seen him around much lately...

Soba's most recent pics. Of course I've also had him a lot longer and he is well established in my tank. He's around 8" or so, haven't measured lately.
5.jpg 1.jpg

Last edited:

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
P.S. - Also, please tell me that you named your Albino Piggie Smalls cuz it's my favorite suggestion if you have ANY interest in hip hop. ;)

He's pink.
He's a pig.
He's little and will likely stay that way, cuz... Albino Sen.

P.P.S. - Macaroni the fatty Polli still makes me laugh in the background of my first pic because she is all about the gorging herself. Look at her! Classic. Hahaha

P.P.P.S - I am so happy Piggie Smalls loves the water lettuce!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Piggie smalls....lol! That's a great name magpie magpie .

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Tank looks great. If you eant to break up the colors of the sand try some peace river forgot the company. Or if you have a patio supply near you get a sample or small amount of small sized river blend. I did this for the 150 and really liked it. Im pretty sure it was the 3/4 gravel sized delaware river blend...can be any blend that has multiple colored rocks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store