What's your most hated fish?

Tomt37

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2017
Goldfish are like a dumb but nice friend .. you grow attached to them and every now and then they do something that makes you question if you are the stupid one

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I don't hate any fish. There are many I will never own, but that is it.
I really don't get why people hate a fish because it's aggressive. If you know it's an aggressive species to begin with, why get it in the first place?

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
Plecos. It doesn't matter what species you get, they're all full of crap.
sooo true. I have a 15" pleco that sits on the back of the tank most of the time, and comes out right after I clean the white sand and leaves his mark all over the place, making it look like I've neglected my tank for weeks. this is the tank not even five minutes after being cleaned

1492644993860.jpg

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
sooo true. I have a 15" pleco that sits on the back of the tank most of the time, and comes out right after I clean the white sand and leaves his mark all over the place, making it look like I've neglected my tank for weeks. this is the tank not even five minutes after being cleaned

View attachment 1248197
I've basically given up on cleaning the sand for that reason. I'll clean it once every 2-3 weeks. The cichlids stir it up between cleanings, so the pleco's crap isn't too bad of an eye sore.

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
I've basically given up on cleaning the sand for that reason. I'll clean it once every 2-3 weeks. The cichlids stir it up between cleanings, so the pleco's crap isn't too bad of an eye sore.
unfortunately for me, the fish that stirs the sand up the most is my pleco. he lives the life, he probably doesn't realize it though. he lives in a 240 with a senegal bichir, and a clown knife fish. I've recently entertained the idea of a catfish one that maxs out around the 12" mark. walzed through the lfs and they had a Raphael cat that was about 6-7" but they wanted 35$ for it. so I'm still looking

Reactions: GamerChick5567

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
there was one fish I had that I named Satan. he was a hoplias malabaricus. he jumped out of the tank to bite the dog, who was trying to bite him through the glass. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't have it on video, unfortunately the video was on my desktop computer. when I was moving the movers didn't disconnect the keg or co2 from my kegerator and hit the tap in the truck that was of course right next to my computer. lost a lot of family photos on that one screw up. I wish I could show you guys the video

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I don't hate any fish. There are many I will never own, but that is it.
I really don't get why people hate a fish because it's aggressive. If you know it's an aggressive species to begin with, why get it in the first place?
1st question: What is the baddest fish I can put in blah blah tank.
2nd question: What can I put with it?
3rd question: What happened, it killed all my fish?
conclusion: That fish is evil!

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
Not gonna say "hate" but Oscars creep me out. Look like old men swimming around

Last edited:
Reactions: robham777

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Not gonna say "hate" but Oscars creep me out. Look like old men swimming around
Lol! One of my favorite fish, but that description is funny as hell and made me think of this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store