what's your worst purchase

trizzot

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2005
NE, OH
Saltwater was my buddys 10" undulated trigger fish I ended up with. Talk about a real predator! he killed hundreds of dollars of fish in the two days I had him. He was super cool though. Like a puffer, real pet like. Would swim up to the glass when you went to the tank. would almost eat out of your hand.
Freshwater has to be my electric catfish. Got to about 8" before he almost killed me. Had some buddies over one night, after some drinks, it turned into touching him for some stupid reason. All i can say is I know whats its like to be awake and not be able to move your arms or legs while laying on the floor. good times.

Hondacrx2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2010
Pa
I have had 2 bad buys.

First a albino ID shark that committed suicide by not eating ever! I tried every food possible.

The second I got a rtcxtsn to keep with my red ear slider tank. He was 2" when I got him and he got picked on my the turtles. Within 5 months he was trying to swallow my turtle's!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
When I first got my fish tank I went to petco to buy some food for my baby turtles and on my way to get the food I see a "clearance" tank with a bunch of red stickers that say SALE so I see a little tiny 1 inch bright white fish in it. This fish is only $1 (not joking!) this fish looked adorable and I told the guy to get it for me and he did not saying anything. I bring the fish home and acclimate it drop it in my tank (don't worry not with store water. I know better.) and it just goes and hides in a corner. So I go to sleep and I wake up and I don't see the fish and I am pretty sure my turtles ate it. So after thinking it was dead I didn't think anything of it. After about 7 weeks I go to do my thourough water change (very strong filter) I pick up one of the caves and out swims a huge fish at least 5 inches (not joking!) this fish came out at night I guess and lived off of turtle food and algae so it grew very quick because of high protein. So this huge fish went and got mad and I couldn't catch him anywhere in my tank so I left him to do the water change. I continue to do the water change with my hand in the water moving plants and all of a sudden this fish just leaps up and bites me on my upper arm! It left a mark! So I was scared of this little vicious monster and he eventually passed on and I promised to myself never to by creepy little clearance fish ever again! Worst buy ever

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store