what's your worst purchase

Fordy17

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2012
Guernsey
My lesson came in the from of trusting my partners mum to look after a tank for a 2 week period so my fiancée and i could go skiing for the first time. I gave a guided instruction for a week and also left instructions on the side of the tank. I got back and ammonia was through the roof, fish had been left to die and also left in the tank. Her dad was sick from the smell when he attempted to clean it out inevitably leaving this slurry mix for me to find on arrival home. The only thing that survived the mother in law were the juvenile and baby mollies. Needless to say it is now only the local fish store i allow to sort my fish while i am out of the island! :banher:

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Blind cave fish which ate several of my fish in one night. I also hated a sunken bunkin which introduced ick to one of my tanks. This was the first and only time I ever had ick.

krylos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2012
baton rouge
My Senegal bichir. It gave me this sickness to spend money and get more, plus a much larger tank. Must have more!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Mine would have to be convicts. I was new to the cichlid game and I got two of them one large and one on the smaller side. Thought they were cool looking fish since they looked like saltwater sheepheads yeah bad idea. Came home from school and the little guy was using the big fishes carcass as a cave. Had him for three years then got rid of him. My second was a filter that came with this 55 gallon tank I got off craigslist with stand filter gravel lid lights it was nicely outfitted for $125. Got home set it up and the Rena filter didn't even fit on the tank right. It was so heavy it'd lean backwards and dump water on the floor. Solved the problem with a long thin piece of wood from the ground to the filter holding it up right. Filter ended up leaking water on a daily basis finally got rid of it. It was a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cassius.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Westchester, NY
I decided to add a new fish to my American tank, so I picked up a 4" green terror. He was pretty, but mean. He didn't get along with any of my existing fish. I probably should have bought a smaller one. He threw off the tank equilibrium, fought with everyone. It didn't feel right so I took him out and put him in a grow out tank with a 2.5 albino Oscar. They started out okay, but 30 minutes later, the Oscar was dead.

I was going to take him back to the LFS when an employee asked if he could have him. I said "sure, your problem." I was told he was put into a 92 gallon with 14 fish. A week later, the GT had killed almost all of them, 2 remained. That guy sucked.

Funny thing is that I bought another GT at the same place, and the new guy got along with every one great - and still does. It was just that one guy that was a d-bag.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

loganlcb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
america
Walmart Pacu,maby not a bad purchase but clearly not a well informed purchase. They grow really fast and nobody wants them when there too big. Now i research my fish before buying them..

zoelmorrison

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
nebraska
going into a fish store to start with up to 7 tanks 2 salts as for cae one in every tank keeps them spotless with lights burning 24/7

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store