When do i feed my convict cichlid fry

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Agree with Matt and

I like to thaw peas, add pinch of flake food, whip it up in a blender with a little tank water, and squeeze it into a free swimming school of fry, when they are not close to filter intakes.

Tina Bryan

Feeder Fish
Sep 20, 2017
The fry usually go free-swimming in 4 - 7 days for most Central/South American cichlids. If you don't have things like live baby brine, Hikari First Bites will work. Mine took that better than decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. You can find it at most LFS. My local Petsmart carries it. It's in a small green pouch. I just put a pinch of it in a cup, mix with a little tank water, and blow it into the swarm of fry with a piece of rigid airline tubing.

So the convict adults been blowing for 4 days or more n now it's getting more intense they are both spending alot of time in the house they building w/ gravel. Well, running round in and out too. I think they're gonna be babies soon??? Is my question? :). Thanks for this info: n glad I found this site. Have a nice day!

Tina Bryan

Feeder Fish
Sep 20, 2017
The fry usually go free-swimming in 4 - 7 days for most Central/South American cichlids. If you don't have things like live baby brine, Hikari First Bites will work. Mine took that better than decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. You can find it at most LFS. My local Petsmart carries it. It's in a small green pouch. I just put a pinch of it in a cup, mix with a little tank water, and blow it into the swarm of fry with a piece of rigid airline tubing.

So the convict adults been blowing for 4 days or more n now it's getting more intense they are both spending alot of time in the house they building w/ gravel. Well, running round in and out too. I think they're gonna be babies soon??? Is my question? :). Thanks for this info: n glad I found this site. Have a nice day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store