When feeding a bichir..

maryjo

Feeder Fish
Feb 6, 2023
I just recently purchased a Senegal bichir and have been feeding it earth worms. What else are good choices of food to feed them.. I don't want to give him the same food all the time.....

Reactions: tlindsey

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
A good quality pellet is best for over all health. My polys and ropefish love fluval bug bites I feed them the color enhancing granules (that's what I feed all my fish) and the pleco/bottom feeder sticks. Tilapia is good, crickets, black worms, ghost shrimp, most will eat just about anything. But a good quality pellet is a complete meal with all the nutrients needed and should be the majority of it's diet. When I feed crickets which isn't often I like to give the crickets an orange about an hour before load them up on vitamin c, its good for the fish.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
A good quality pellet is best for over all health. My polys and ropefish love fluval bug bites I feed them the color enhancing granules (that's what I feed all my fish) and the pleco/bottom feeder sticks. Tilapia is good, crickets, black worms, ghost shrimp, most will eat just about anything. But a good quality pellet is a complete meal with all the nutrients needed and should be the majority of it's diet. When I feed crickets which isn't often I like to give the crickets an orange about an hour before load them up on vitamin c, its good for the fish.
Agree the Fluval Bugbites pellets are small enough for the Senegal to eat. Any other type of pellet may have to be broken up.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Norsynth

Feeder Fish
Jan 29, 2023
Minnesota
Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets is a good option as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store