When will Altum Angels show for sale at wholesalers?

nanoer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2010
California, Socal
Guys, I know it's not time yet for Altums to be sold in the wholesalers yet. I just want to know when they will really hit the market once more. Is it in June? I've saved a pretty penny and a huge tank for them. I have two 60 gallon quarantine tank ready for them. I'm thinking of getting about 150 small and 100 medium. I'm like a crack addict waiting for my "supply" to come so I can get high :-D

Reactions: tlindsey

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
What's the plan for altums after QT? Also two 60gals for 250 angels is too small. I think you should greatly reduce your #s, if you want to have success

Sarlindescent

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2017
I would add a 3rd qt. Preferably 100 gallon or so. Put all the big ones in that tank. Split the smalls 50/50. You would still need significant water changes, probably daily. If you could do a heavy drip system that would help. I would also start establishing filters now if you haven't already. Around mid may, I would move the filters to their own tank and start dosing ammonia to boost the bacteria count. With young angels, you are going to feed pretty heavy for them to put on size and in a couple months, they will be substantially larger. Mine came in with a body size (not including fins) around the size of a half dollar coin and in 4 months their bodies are the size of my hand not including fingers.

hart24601

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2015
Wow! I can't imagine that many. I was thinking of getting 12 for my 120...

Brianna L

Feeder Fish
May 4, 2018
i can't wait for altum angelfish season to hit. i have 4 now, left over from the six i ordered last year. i plan on ordering 12 this time and getting a nice 260 tall for them. my problem is deciding what i want to put with them, if anything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store