Where can you buy cheap tank dividers?

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
The eggcrate cuts easily with side cutters but be sure to wear safety glasses. You can get a nice clean edge by making sure the cutters are flush with the remaining plastic. C.A. cichlid keepers have been using this for years on end to not only separate fish but to protect heaters and filter tubes. When I was spawning Jags, Dovi etc. with some fish I would use the pass through method. One occasion the fish would spawn right through the eggcrate, when kept apart. Just place s slate under the crate. You wouldn't get as big a spawn but with those fish that is a plus.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Most workers in Home depot or Lowes don't know them as "egg crate". Every store I've been to has them stocked in the ceiling tiles department.
I'm not sure if HD carries them in my area but the guy at Lowe's knew of them when I asked for them by name.They even have "eggcrate" printed on the sku label.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yep that's the more exact term I think.
Lol i only know this because when i asked for eggcrate the guy at home depot asked if i checked the local supermarkets. :clap:wall:

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
For 12" width tanks I've gotten PVC peg board on Amazon. Works good with small fish that may slip thru egg crate

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
You can spray the light diffuser with krylon fusion for plastic if you don't like how it looks. I like to paint them black or dark grey or brown, just make sure ti hit it from all 4 directions. The nice thing about it that you don't need a saw to cut it, just a nipper

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store