Where Freshwater Stingrays Are Illegal To End All

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
you can get one in florida but from what i hear its hard to get i have seen ppl selling them in florida though i had the dnr to email the form once when i was thinking about moving down there they was pretty friendly about sending me the form i was surprised

coryo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hawaii
man o man.... im moving to Texas, and want a Ray so bad for my 240 square..... what to do what to do...lol

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
I live in Florida, illegal to keep FW rays. Extremely hard to get permits and papers for them. But I'm not too familiar with how the laws are if you previously kept them in a state where they're okay and you're from. To bringing them into a state where they're not. Can someone answer my question more or less?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
If they're illegal in the destination state to possess then, trafficing is also illegal. I didn't check when I moved from WA to MS and was narc'd on by another member. I had many species that were legal in WA but illegal in MS. I was exonerated in the end but, not before losing over $4K in fish that were confiscated and thousands in legal fees. I was also looking at over $100K in possible fines and a year in jail bfore I was cleared by the court.

Reactions: scott s

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
If they're illegal in the destination state to possess then, trafficing is also illegal. I didn't check when I moved from WA to MS and was narc'd on by another member. I had many species that were legal in WA but illegal in MS. I was exonerated in the end but, not before losing over $4K in fish that were confiscated and thousands in legal fees. I was also looking at over $100K in possible fines and a year in jail bfore I was cleared by the court.
I'm not sure I would be able to get over/forgive that. I don't think I'd wait for divine retribution either.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Woah thats insane!! Im glad you got off with just legal fees and lost in cost of the fish. I had a guy who sent me a video of some cichlids and in the back there was an Asian Arowana. Clear as day through a reflection. He texted for a while and the texts stopped after I said nice Asian Arowana.. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store