Where Freshwater Stingrays Are Illegal To End All

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
And honestly, what is a ray gonna do that cichlids havent?
I came across this statement in an old post (sited in a new one), and had to grin, what can a ray do that a cichlid can't. I've been bitten by plenty of cichlids, and by the next day, its forgotten.
The juvie stingrays barb went all the way to the bone, and look almost 2 months to stop aching. Then there's that Steve Irwin guy.
IMG_0340.JPG

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
Can somebody explain why they're illegal in California? Like...I'm only knowledgeable about the Bay Area, but the water here doesn't seem like it would suit a motoro at all in the wild. I can understand the ban on degus, hamsters, ferrets, and gerbils given that it's an arid climate...but at the same time, it's an arid climate. Also...again, arid climate, and a drought...

Zigermandli

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Here in Switzerland we have to go trough an exam and after we need a permission from the local veterinary office. And to get this you need to show your Tank and go trough an assessment from a expert.

complicated but it was totally worth it :grinyes:

Regards from Switzerland
Thomas

Kayden

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
Running into an issue here.
I live in Arkansas, and many retailers state that it is illegal to have stingrays in Arkansas. However, reading though the regulations, I have seen no mention for these guys being restricted or even needing a permit to keep them. Looked though everything pertaining to live aquatic organisms, and wildlife.
did the regulations recently change? Or is this an oversight on my or the retailers end?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store