where is my Tig???

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
I ordered a tigrinus catfish 3 weeks ago from riverwonders.com. they get back to me 3 weeks later and say they dont have the tig yet... anybody ever deal with them before? also, I think I may have read the other night that some govt. stopped exporting tigs... is that true?

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
Sorry to tell you bro, but I've read that these guys have a bad rep. Do a google search and read peoples complaints. Hope you get your tig, or at least your money back. Good luck.

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
vanimate;546073; said:
Sorry to tell you bro, but I've read that these guys have a bad rep. Do a google search and read peoples complaints. Hope you get your tig, or at least your money back. Good luck.
I went through paypal so I think i am safe... i couldnt find complaints online though. this SUCKS though.

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Make sure you read through the PayPal rules and regs. I think you have like 45 days to file a complaint. Even with that, you'll find it tough. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
I have 6 more days before I cancel it outright

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
I just sent them an email cancelling my order outright... vanimate, you're the man. thanks for the insight there. I know this will be a fight but i'm getting my money back... and then sticking to aquascape... good people down there... but does anybody know of some kind of ban on the exportation of tigrinus cats? anybody know where I could get a baby one?

cougar579

Candiru
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
That sucks bro, there is nothing worse then bad business practice.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
downset21;546165; said:
I just sent them an email cancelling my order outright... vanimate, you're the man. thanks for the insight there. I know this will be a fight but i'm getting my money back... and then sticking to aquascape... good people down there... but does anybody know of some kind of ban on the exportation of tigrinus cats? anybody know where I could get a baby one?
Hope it all works out ;)

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
That's a shame - the website is so promising. I know online shopping is a good source of rare fish, but this is just another example of my golden rule - don't hand over the cash until the product's in your hand...
Hope you get your cash back.

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Good luck...I hope everything works out for you. I hate hearing stories like this :(.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store