Where to find Angelfish Online/CB Altums?

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
I am setting up a few angelfish tanks. I want to do a mixed fancy angel tank and then a show piece tank with just altums and maybe discus in the future.
Problem here is that the local fish stores only supply dime to quarter sized angels. I need 2-4'' angelfish because I am keeping them with polypterus, bala sharks, and the like.
I am looking for koi angelfish, marble angelfish, and blue angels.
As for the altum angels, how hardy are they if bought wild? Where could I get captive bred altums?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I am setting up a few angelfish tanks. I want to do a mixed fancy angel tank and then a show piece tank with just altums and maybe discus in the future.
Problem here is that the local fish stores only supply dime to quarter sized angels. I need 2-4'' angelfish because I am keeping them with polypterus, bala sharks, and the like.
I am looking for koi angelfish, marble angelfish, and blue angels.
As for the altum angels, how hardy are they if bought wild? Where could I get captive bred altums?
Can try Wes as he had some cb altums. Aquaticlarity has wild Altum angels. Can’t say about hardiness.

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
Can try Wes as he had some cb altums. Aquaticlarity has wild Altum angels. Can’t say about hardiness.
He hasn't replied yet

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
They are not that hardy compared to CB angels. Best to get them smaller. Can you set up a grow out tank?
Planning on setting up a 29 gallon or 40 gallon breeder and raise some captive bred or tank raised if I can get my hands on them.
Right now I am trying to track down some peru altums aka scalares. Having a hard time finding some at a good price. One place wants 40 dollars for 1, I've gotten them cheaper in the past when I had them before. I want atleast 4.

Icecold Dan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
Earth
Rapps has some true Altums for offer right now. They aren't cb though. I believe he has a few different sizes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store