Which 125 gallon aquarium to go with: Visio vs Aqueon?

What is the better 125-135 gallon glass aquarium

• Aqueon (via Petsmart)

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Visio (basic model)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

m2002

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2018
Huntington Beach, CA
I'm looking for a glass aquarium and trying to decide between the standard Visio and the Aqueon (the 125 gallon ensemble currently on Petsmart's website).

Which one is the better aquarium in terms of quality?

I'm open to other suggestions as well, but most likely I'm not going to go acrylic (this tank will be in a room with lots of sunlight and I hate scratches). And I'd like to keep the cost no more than $500.

Reactions: PGJE

CichlidKeeper01

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2017
I cant speak for the Visio byt I have the aqueon set up and its a good setup. I have been happy with it.

Reactions: m2002

m2002

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2018
Huntington Beach, CA
Thanks for your feedback CichlidKeeper01 CichlidKeeper01 ! By having the set up do you mean you have the two-color stand as well? I was a bit worried about the stand since it is MDF board. But glad to hear it has been working out for you!

Reactions: PGJE

PGJE

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2017
I'm looking for a glass aquarium and trying to decide between the standard Visio and the Aqueon (the 125 gallon ensemble currently on Petsmart's website).

Which one is the better aquarium in terms of quality?

I'm open to other suggestions as well, but most likely I'm not going to go acrylic (this tank will be in a room with lots of sunlight and I hate scratches). And I'd like to keep the cost no more than $500.
Just be prepared to close those curtains (or whatever), because of algae! I had a problem with that once. Good luck!

CichlidKeeper01

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2017
Thanks for your feedback CichlidKeeper01 CichlidKeeper01 ! By having the set up do you mean you have the two-color stand as well? I was a bit worried about the stand since it is MDF board. But glad to hear it has been working out for you!
https://www.petsmart.com/fish/tanks...n-125-gallon-led-aquarium-ensemble-48563.html

I have this set up. I didnt like the idea of the stand either and was prepared to buy a new one. But so far it has held up so I do not think I will need to replace it.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
I have the aqueon 125 and the tank is solid. A If you are getting the stand with it, I semi recommend it not best in the world it’s made of a particle board looking material but looks good. I am like 4-6 months into owning the aqueon and have enjoyed it thus far.

stchamber11

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Connecticut
I bought my Aqueon 125 gallon (6') from a local aquarium store July 2017. I had a custom oak stand made by a guy here in CT. Not a problem so far. I did sister joist the floor and shimmed the stand, then underneath checked that the tank was sitting flat on the wood all around. First time filling, gets a little nerve racking but with so many 50% water changes, or 480 pounds in and out, all is still well. I have nothing to say about the other brand, never even heard of it.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Best bang for the buck is aqueon imo.

I can get a 180 in good shape with stand off fb right now for $500. That's what I would do. Just make sure its not scratched up by turtles etc. I see 125s with stand all the time for under $400.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store