Which is the most aggressive SA/CA cichlid in your experience/opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

croc 2-3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
PA
For the dwarf cichlids, neetroplus nematopus gets my vote. My male neets being the smallest member in my 240g tank claims the center of the tank and punks every fish that swims by including a 11" black belt and a 10" male festae. For the larger fish, dovii gets my vote. They are straight up killers.
You figure neet.nematopus have to be tough they are eaten by much larger(notice much larger dovii. but a dovii thier size is dead I've tested this plenty of times my way of giving justcie to the little neets. that are eaten in the wild each day. I love the neet. attitude they just charge the slow dovii & keep hitting it I guess everyone thinks a larger predator is tough no they are predators & large; tough is a little fish attacking relentlessly a larger fish with no backing down. if dovii didn't inhale the neets. they'd still be dead 5inch neet. vs. 6 in dovii my money is on the neet. 10 inch grammodes vs. 13 inch dovii my money is on the grammodes. dovii are way overrated in order for me to get one large I'll either have to keep it by itself or buy an already large one the keep getting killed before they get 7 inches. for all you dovii keepers what do you keep yours with ? definately not a grammodes. parachromis are predators that's it piscavore will try any fish to see if it will be food. neetroplus just kill you because they want to run the show. see the difference one kills to eat the other kills because they are hostile. don't get me wrong if not for dovii the neets. would overun the lakes so they do have their place in nature.

Reactions: MatthewC73

Doviiking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
New Jersey
I just took a 7" grammode back to the LFS because my 3" male dovii would not let it live in peace. I kept it a few days to the point it would protect its territory from a red devil and pike but it could not defend against the Dovii and my dovii just seemed to hate it with a passion. I personally think he took the fish as a threat only because it was so much larger than him. As far as who is the baddest? Well you have to think about how the fish is equiped. A dovii has Teeth .....big teeth there is n way a fish like an oscar has a prayer aginst a fish equiped this way. Dovii are equiped to Grab and HOLD their prey. They are a very muscular fish shaped for speed. Of course people will say a 7" yada yada against a 7" dovii will rip the dovii apart. Yea so? A 2ft seal might turn the tables on a 2ft great white shark (cause its a baby)but let the seal come talk to that shark again when its matured. The whole reason a dovii is agressive to begin with is because people house them in tanks to small. why is a 7" dovii getting picked on by a 7" Jag? because the Jag is maturing faster and the dovii is still a juivie. When you talk about a mature fish and which is the baddest of the bunch. DO NOT put a Jag in with a Dovii, hes commin to a gun fight with a plastic spoon. I Have seen alot of agressive fish....spashing into the tank etc. But you don't see many Cichlids with the tools the dovii is bringing into the mix. ITS ALL ABOUT THE TOOLS. Anybody who does not think so can come drop their BADDEST CA in a tank with my black Rhom.....who might I add has a whole different approach to lip locking. I got nothing against Umbee lipps at the bottom of my tank.

Reactions: Cich Mind

croc 2-3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
PA
I just took a 7" grammode back to the LFS because my 3" male dovii would not let it live in peace. I kept it a few days to the point it would protect its territory from a red devil and pike but it could not defend against the Dovii and my dovii just seemed to hate it with a passion. I personally think he took the fish as a threat only because it was so much larger than him. As far as who is the baddest? Well you have to think about how the fish is equiped. A dovii has Teeth .....big teeth there is n way a fish like an oscar has a prayer aginst a fish equiped this way. Dovii are equiped to Grab and HOLD their prey. They are a very muscular fish shaped for speed. Of course people will say a 7" yada yada against a 7" dovii will rip the dovii apart. Yea so? A 2ft seal might turn the tables on a 2ft great white shark (cause its a baby)but let the seal come talk to that shark again when its matured. The whole reason a dovii is agressive to begin with is because people house them in tanks to small. why is a 7" dovii getting picked on by a 7" Jag? because the Jag is maturing faster and the dovii is still a juivie. When you talk about a mature fish and which is the baddest of the bunch. DO NOT put a Jag in with a Dovii, hes commin to a gun fight with a plastic spoon. I Have seen alot of agressive fish....spashing into the tank etc. But you don't see many Cichlids with the tools the dovii is bringing into the mix. ITS ALL ABOUT THE TOOLS. Anybody who does not think so can come drop their BADDEST CA in a tank with my black Rhom.....who might I add has a whole different approach to lip locking. I got nothing against Umbee lipps at the bottom of my tank.
If dovii are reproducing at 3.5 inches then they are mature enough to live. fish are not mammals they are able to fend for themselves at any size they become independent of thier parents. as you supposedly say a 3 inch dovii felt threaeten by sa grammode & wouldn't let it live in peace yeah they are predators a dovii has teeth yeah yeah did you have a female or male grammodes? my grammodes never bothered anything much smaller a 7 inch dovii is eating & killing adult 3 inch fish everyday so maturity has nothing to do with it size & weight classdo I had a 3 inch veja argentea kill several other fish in the tank his size just becauase he wanted space even if you want to put it in mammal terms then are we not mature because we aren't as tall as Shaquel Oneal I'm only 5'5 but I'm an adult right?thier are 15 yr. olds taller then me but so what. dovii are way overrated I like them but still haven't been able to keep them long they keep getting killed now as for the blACK rHOMB NO ARGUEMENTS THERE THEY ARE SOME BAD FISH TO AGILE FOR ANY CICHLID TO HANDLE PLUS THEIR TEETH ARE TO LARGE MEANT FOR TEARING NOT HOLDING LIKE A CICHLIDS.(not hollering just excited).remember that fish are not mamamals they will only get that large if they are not reproducing. grammodes grow so sslloowww that dovii would mature faster then them.

Reactions: Santiago 210

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
Once again i have to say dovii.im saying dovii king put a 7" grammode in there..and those things are supposed to be wicked aggressive...so yeah dovii= #1 Wooot Wooot

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
Yeah dovii king u show him whos boss...and dont be hating on the guapotes....woot woot :
woot:

croc 2-3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
PA
Croc I don't understand why you are talking about mammals. I can guess though. I'm sorry about your luck but size does matter always has and always will. Size has a psycological impact on all life that is why fish flare gills and puff themselves up in an attempt to bluff other fish into thinking they are bigger than they really are. I realize that this has caused you to dislike fish like the dovii because their size dominates the cichlid world. I don't want people to read my posts and get stressed out about themselves and end up hating my fish:ROFL: If there is anything i can do please let me know. just try to remember what i said about the 3" fish being stronger than the 7" fish if that helps your manhood:ROFL:

:headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2
uuuuhhhhhhh do you read your own post you mention a seal which is a mammal so that is why I mentioned mammal also if you have 3.5 inch dovii reproducing then they are maturethey have to in order to have the desire to even try.; inmature things make childish remarks & don't read for comprehension all of you own threads contradict your own words. all I said is that a large predator is is overated (notice I also said I liked them though just can't seem to keep them long). I also said a dovii the same size as a neet is dead you said it yourself dovii rely on their size their SIZE neet. rely on thier heart & determination. anyone can get a complex & think they can conquer the world because they have size(ie. that manguense of yours) but find out with no heart they can't win the fight. or the sneak you when your back is turned ie. like the rhomb. but it would have gone full force if the dovii would have backed down right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store