Which is the most aggressive SA/CA cichlid in your experience/opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Its really about tank size and what size territory any cichlid requires.
I've seen dovii in 500+ gallon tanks be pussy cats, but put them in a tank that's too small like a 180, and of course it will eliminate anything in its space..
I've seen Neetroplus nematopus ( which tops out a about 4") be lethal to much larger cichlids in a 100 gal tank.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
If you want moat aggressive cichlids they are convicts especially while breeding
Many people misplace fatal with aggressive
Convicts does not have proper weaponary and size to kill a big fish
But the are the most aggressive ones

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
everybody keeps on saying convicts are aggressive but mine got bullied by a 1 inch GT and is in the bottom of my tank hierarchy lol. It all depends on the individual fish.
How big was it? They usually have to be breeding or large to show their true colors.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
that said, I think GTs are very aggressive. Like seriously, a 1 inch baby GT bullying an adult convict.
Gts can be crazy. Mine wasn’t too bad, but of course it also had one eye and was the bottom of the hierarchy.

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
everybody keeps on saying convicts are aggressive but mine got bullied by a 1 inch GT and is in the bottom of my tank hierarchy lol. It all depends on the individual fish.
much harder to kill a convict than a gt. ive never had a convict die of stress theyve either been eaten or fatally injured.

this one was rag dolled by my pike i always figured hed be eaten. i was able to see his bones and what not but he was still alive at the time of this photo. when one of my green terrors was in with a red pike it tended to back against a corner with his fins clamped in a non threatening manner and was pretty clearly afraid of the pike and they were a very similar size at this point.

D8EEBED7-DB3B-4B04-9ECB-386664B21882.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store