Which Spiny Eel is best for me?

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
synodontisjack;2169361; said:
I m just working from experiance personally ive seen fire eels at 36" and the largest tire track was 30" i dont think its definate but theres alot of contoversy surrounding which grows bigger the tire track and the fire eel.
Haha, I'm not.:grinno: I have a 10 inch TT eel (my first one), but I did a lot of research first. I'm just commenting on what I've read. I'm not certain from my own experience (yet).

synodontisjack

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
England, London
Peacock eels are safe with anything but fry they have very small mouths so fish like tetras are totally safe with then and are actually good tankmates because of there small mouths small foods are needed
A peackock eel is not capable of eating a tetra agreed however male endlers are very small and from experiance the females are fine but the larger peacocks will eat males.

But my guy is everybit of 34 inch and growing strong...I'm speaking from personal experience also...
youre very lucky to have a tt this large although yes they do probably reach a similiar size and perhaps we need to extend the maximum size of the tire track by 6".

synodontisjack

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
England, London
can you keep 1 tire track and 1 fire eel together
you can if the tank is big enough and they are raised together from whan young its still risky and you get the odd little brawls but if you do it it makes an interesting tank.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Fire eels and Tire track eels are often aggressive twords each other more so in tire track eels so be careful when attempting to keep more then one fire or tire track eels in the same tank its highly recomended to grow them up together

dayglowfroggy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
derby uk
The tyre track in the picture looks like M. favus not m. armatus .
Armatus has the light coloured belly and getts bigger.
Favus has the pattern all the way around and doesn't get as big.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store