Which Spiny Eel is best for me?

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
well i already have a fire eel they are soo beautiful and youre right they do recognize their owner it depends what tank you have..if you have a small tank like a 30 than the zigzag is better for you

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
Yea I had my fire eel longer than my tyre track and the tyre track is bigger in size and width?

here's another pic

I got him about 3mnths ago at 5 inches now he's 8 maybe 10???

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
There are many different species of spiny eel sold as tire track eels and they all look alot alike so theres alot of confusion out there. theres roughly 80 species of spiny eel documented and they really need to be looked into more to see which ones are there own species or just a sub species

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

reptilefreek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2011
idaho
Hey guys what's the best food to make my tire track eel grow? He is about 6 or 7 inches now and being fed blood worms mostly, earthworms when I can find them, and there are 7 or 8 white clouds for him to eat,also every once in awhile I buy him 10 or so ghost shrimp. Please respond guys!

twistedsnap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2009
southern il
I had a peacock eel very cool.... unfortunately lost him due to some equipment failure ....... im def looking jnto the fire eels they look cool and would be a good addition to my mknster grow outs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey there guys, I have a 36g tank, and I wonder which spiny eels are suitable for it?
Zig zags or peacocks are 2 ideal ones imo. otherwise any that max in the 12" range in a 36g i'm assuming the bow should be okay.

Nerevar

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2013
The Netherlands
I have a Mastacembelus Frenatus of about 20cm (8 inch I believe) waiting in my 15g tank. How large or fat should it be to be added in my 50g tank with Polypterus Retropinnis and Senegalus and ropefish? It is thinner than my 30cm ropefish and I fear it will be food for my Poly :-(

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Anyone have input on keeping a fire eel is a large, but skinny, aquarium?

I'm planning a basement remodel and want to build a room divider peninsula aquarium. It'll be plenty long (8' or 10') and plenty tall (3' is my current thought), but there isn't much room for width. Honestly 18" is pushing it for the layout I'm thinking.

Tank mates would be smaller and more active fish; clown loaches, silver dollars, discus, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store