Which tetra species do you keep with your angels?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
You already say red eyes are your fav. . Even if you buy the bleeding hearts you will still get the red eyes sooner or later... lol

Just get the red eyes

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
You already say red eyes are your fav. . Even if you buy the bleeding hearts you will still get the red eyes sooner or later... lol

Just get the red eyes
Thanks man I appreciate it.
I just finished college and I currently work in retail, 80% of my customers already know what they want. They are just looking for someone to tell them to go for it.
I guess I just did the same thing lol.

Thanks! I think i`ll just go with the red eyes, Theyre also cheaper

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
Okay, the reason why I say no danios or similar small fish is actually because I had 10 kerri tetra in my 120 about 3 weeks ago. Now I am down to just the 4 biggest. My angels still stalk them.
So I don't really want to introduce fish the same shape and size.

I`m really stuck between the red eyes and bleeding hearts
Your angels must be huge if they are eating Emperor tetras.
You can look at Congo tetras or if you want something bigger, how about Denisoni Barbs, which are fantastic looking fish and grow quite large and would add to the tank.

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
Keep in mind that Denisons might be a tad pricey tho.
Hmm..
They are quite cheap in my country (probably helps that they originated here), so didn't realize that they are expensive fish.

Dang, just googled the prices and its $19.99 for small fish. It costs me like $4 for a fully grown pair.

Audaxcity

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2018
Canada
$4? :eek: I were you I'd have dedicated an entire tank to them already! What are you waiting for, get a school of them!

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
$4? :eek: I were you I'd have dedicated an entire tank to them already! What are you waiting for, get a school of them!
I have a 125 gal tank and currently 12 Discus in them. I plan to have a 5-6 Denisoni in that tank once I have grown the Discus.
Till then I have to resist the temptation to buy them whenever I visit the LFS and that isn't easy to do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store