Whire spots on jaguar cats

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Screenshot_20170630-163446.png Screenshot_20170630-163416.png

Better pics.

So i was gonna put the vulure and juru in this tank and do a parasite treatment for all but now im not sure smh

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Quick pic of mine, zoom in on its head and you can see it has them there as well. Idk, only you can see the fish in person, if it protrudes I say treat it as ich if not leave it be
IMG_1942.JPG

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Quick pic of mine, zoom in on its head and you can see it has them there as well. Idk, only you can see the fish in person, if it protrudes I say treat it as ich if not leave it be
View attachment 1260803
Lmaoooo it looks exactly the same as mine. But both of ours kind of look like it protrudes hahaha

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Lmaoooo it looks exactly the same as mine. But both of ours kind of look like it protrudes hahaha
Well I don't think anything is wrong with my fish lol it's always had them, if it's something it definitely isn't ich as my jags the only one with it and doesn't scratch, and if it's something must not be harmful since she's greedy and stays with a full belly. If yours is the same I'd ignore it. I say just pay close attention if you notice any "itching" then medicate

Reactions: tlindsey

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Well I don't think anything is wrong with my fish lol it's always had them, if it's something it definitely isn't ich as my jags the only one with it and doesn't scratch, and if it's something must not be harmful since she's greedy and stays with a full belly. If yours is the same I'd ignore it. I say just pay close attention if you notice any "itching" then medicate
Jumping in here to confirm this isn't ich or any sort of parasite. My Jaguar has the exact same thing on her, no worries.
Thx guys

Reactions: moe214

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I don't see any cause for concern. The jags look mighty healthy.

Two of the protrusions appear to be nostril flaps. A couple on the head I don't think I paid attention to on mine, perhaps normal... sounds normal from Moe and Moose words.

Dots on the body are symmetric and normal for jags.

Even if it was ich, in clean water it would dissipate on its own. Most fish in LFSs break out ich upon arrival but are not treated and they do heal on their own when the stress of shipping and acclimating is gone and no new stress is added on. Having seen this, I stopped treating mine for ich and saw them overcome ich no problem. If the infestation is intense, then I'd consider it.

Scaleless vs scaled - I don't see a difference in usual treatments, despite warning on med labels.

Reactions: moe214 and kno4te

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I don't see any cause for concern. The jags look mighty healthy.

Two of the protrusions appear to be nostril flaps. A couple on the head I don't think I paid attention to on mine, perhaps normal... sounds normal from Moe and Moose words.

Dots on the body are symmetric and normal for jags.

Even if it was ich, in clean water it would dissipate on its own. Most fish in LFSs break out ich upon arrival but are not treated and they do heal on their own when the stress of shipping and acclimating is gone and no new stress is added on. Having seen this, I stopped treating mine for ich and saw them overcome ich no problem. If the infestation is intense, then I'd consider it.

Scaleless vs scaled - I don't see a difference in usual treatments, despite warning on med labels.
Thx bro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store