Feb 22, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
So I noticed this on one of my Tetras before moving to the new tank. I don't think the new tank is the issue. I thought it could be from fighting, or an injury. They are active, eating and acting normal. Now, in the new tank, I noticed it on another Tetra. I could have missed it originally, so I can't say for sure that it wasn't there. They can get a little frisky, could this be from Injury? I know the pic at the bottom isn't the clearest. It's tough to get a shot of these guys.

1. Size of tank? - 75

3. Temperature - 82

4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish) - FW

5. How long the aquarium has been set up? All the fish had been in a 40 for 4 months. Just transferred to the 75 and it's been 1 week.

6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
2 Jack dempsey - 4-5"
4 Buenos Aires Tetras - 2" or so
2 Pictus Cats - 4"

7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? - no quarantine yet

8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom - Mixed gravel sand
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Drift wood, rocks and some real plants

9. a. Filtration - Seachem tidal 75 + 2 sponge filters
b. Heater -2 Eheim

10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? NICREW led light bar
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long - some ambient sun during the day for a few hours

11. a. Water change schedule - Once a week
b. Volume of water changed? 25%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? - Tap
d. Water conditioner used? - Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? - Spot clean Atleast once a week

12. Foods? Omega one/blood worms /freeze dried krill
How often are they fed? 2 - 3 times

13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? - white raised areas on top of mouth/lip
b. Appearance of poop - seems normal
c. Appearance of gills - seems normal

14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? - No
b. What meds were used? - NA

15. Photo
20200520_211301~2.jpg

cichlid tank

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
dude mine had the same thing, i think it was just rough play. every batch of dither BA tetras i owned had them. might be rough housing or the jack could be chasing them. i wouldnt be too worried.

Reactions: tlindsey

Shanesaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2020
Ontario, Canada
dude mine had the same thing, i think it was just rough play. every batch of dither BA tetras i owned had them. might be rough housing or the jack could be chasing them. i wouldnt be too worried.
That makes me feel a lot better lol Should I put some aquarium salt in to help with the healing, or just let it run its course and heal up on its own?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
That makes me feel a lot better lol Should I put some aquarium salt in to help with the healing, or just let it run its course and heal up on its own?
Just keep the aquarium water in pristine conditions and the Buenos Aires Tetra should be fine.

Reactions: Niki_up
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store