White spot or not?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I'd probably bleach equipment I remove from the tank.
Hello; Probably not a bad idea at some point in the future especially when the parasite issue is fixed. I was thinking of the day to day use of equipment which will be necessary while the weeks long treatment of the ich is ongoing.
If you bleach such things as nets right now they will have to be de-toxed in something such as PRIME before used again. Then if used in the infected tank will have to be bleached again.

Not sure how effective it was but a fish shop back in the 1960's use to have a rack of tanks with small containers hanging on the outside. Those small containers had what I think was a solution of MB (may have been some other chemical) in which the catch net were kept. After catching a fish for sale the nets were stuck back into the solution. I figure it was something that at the least killed off bacterial and fungal pathogens and maybe the vulnerable stages of ich?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It probably would. Potassium permanganate should work as well, that stuff is potent for cleaning algae off of rocks and plants

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
It probably would. Potassium permanganate should work as well, that stuff is potent for cleaning algae off of rocks and plants
hello; My last few posts are just about not spreading the parasite to other tanks. The treatment in the infected tanks must go on. I hope you do not lose fish.

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store