MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
Last edited:

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
It's kinda hard to tell. In the pics it looks like just a thickening of the slime coat, like he might have scraped himself. How long has it been since you noticed it?

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
It's kinda hard to tell. In the pics it looks like just a thickening of the slime coat, like he might have scraped himself. How long has it been since you noticed it?
Hi Aimara!!! It's been a few day's. I didn't think about it being the slime coat. It's not easy to get a good picture. Thank yo for your help. I appreciate it!!!

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
I'd keep an eye on it. If its still there after about two weeks or if it gets noticeably worse/other symptoms arise then I'd break out the microscope and the meds lol

Good to see you again btw!

Reactions: DawnMichele

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
I'd keep an eye on it. If its still there after about two weeks or if it gets noticeably worse/other symptoms arise then I'd break out the microscope and the meds lol

Good to see you again btw!
Thank you so much!!!! What medicine would you recommend?

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Without a scope to confirm an ID, I'd start gently with just a medicinal dose of salt. Salt fixes quite a few issues and has fewer side effects. There are heavy meds that certianly have their place in the hobby but why use a sledge hammer to drive in a pin nail?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store