White things on aquarium glass

NajdanRW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Oregon
Not sure what it is but I have these white dots on the inside of my aquarium, I was treating for ich but i'm thinking it might be flukes..? Any suggestions

Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1333494685009.jpg

rkanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2010
Il
Can't really tell by pix. Are they like little worms? If so they are probably planeria not harmful but a sign that gravel needs to be cleaned.

NajdanRW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Oregon
Not like worms, I just changed the water 2 days ago and tried to clean as much as I could from the gravel

Apexden

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
USA
looks like planeria or algea to me.....just scrap as normal, cut back on the feedings

COG Commando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
West Bend, WI
Do they kind of look like very tiny feather dusters moving in the aquarium current??

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Do they kind of look like very tiny feather dusters moving in the aquarium current??
I had/have the samething, in my tank its where the outakes of my fx5 and circulator blow, scrape and change water or add stresszyme, i have very clean bi weekly tested water and my nitrates never exceed 20-25 ppm. I do change 60-70% per week w/ 1300gph/90gal=13.3x T.O. Ive heard it may be BB growing in certain places of turbulance, adding bio has helped too.

#1 S. Vettel

COG Commando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
West Bend, WI
I had/have the samething, in my tank its where the outakes of my fx5 and circulator blow, scrape and change water or add stresszyme, i have very clean bi weekly tested water and my nitrates never exceed 20-25 ppm. I do change 60-70% per week w/ 1300gph/90gal=13.3x T.O. Ive heard it may be BB growing in certain places of turbulance, adding bio has helped too.

#1 S. Vettel
Typically tiny feather duster looking things are usually (from what I've seen) a species of Dinobryon, a colonial organism classified as golden algae. They're completely harmless, just unsightly when they start covering the glass (making it appear cloudy).

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Typically tiny feather duster looking things are usually (from what I've seen) a species of Dinobryon, a colonial organism classified as golden algae. They're completely harmless, just unsightly when they start covering the glass (making it appear cloudy).

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Hmmm.. just got my fx5 so well see if this solves it. I run a uv too

#1 S. Vettel

NajdanRW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Oregon
Yeah they move with the current. I'll just clean the glass and cut back on feeding

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store