Who are the Florida experts?

Mark K

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2017
I am planning to go to Florida in March to fish the Keys and then go to Miami to fish for cichlids to bring home. I have the cichlids mostly all figured out, but I would like any advice on places that are a must see and places that I should make sure to fish at. I will be on shore as I lack the funds to spend 2 weeks on charters. I probably will not be taking my kayak along either as it is too long to fit in the box for that long of a trip.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
NO Florida expert, however I would try and fish the following Florida waters : lake ida, the southern Everglades ,browns canal, I'd hit as many water bodies as possible including all the canals you get a chance to fish

Reactions: Matteus

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
I’m down in south east Florida. Just north of Miami.

Must catch fish while you are here FW wise would be peacocks and snakehead. Giant grass carp are also a blast.

Lots of shore based opportunity for saltwater also. Snook, tarpon, snapper, drag peeling jack etc

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Mark K

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2017
Well, I went to FL. Did the Keys, fished Miami. Kicked butt on the cichlids. They all died within a few hours, even when oxygen packed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store