Who here has the Largest Goldfish in their Aquarium?

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
I got a common goldfish in my 300g. My son won it at his school about 2 1/2 years ago. He kept it in a large bowl for couple years. It got to size of a 3" large feeders when we decided to put in my 300g tank. This goldfish is now reaching 9"! it eats like a pig eats everything.

An interesting fact that a lot of people don't know about goldfish is they have no stomach. That is why they appear to always be hungry. It is best to feed goldfish very tiny amounts of food several times a day rather than once or twice with bigger meals. That is why they produce so much waste it just comes right out.

CichlidScotty

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada
I used to have a 16-18" one that I bought as a feeder for the albino channel in my avatar. He decided to not eat him and lived with him for about 3yrs
I'm surprized my Clown Knife hasn't touched my smallest goldfish that's only 4"-5" I only got 6 or 11 Left but I thought some would be eaten by my 18" monsters, guess I was wrong lol

Lusus_Naturae

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2010
OK, USA
I turned my 125g grow out tank for cichlids into a mellow zen tank for the bedroom. I now have 5 fancy goldfish in it, they are about tennis ball sized on the body. I'm trying to find two more to finish stocking the tank, I would like to find some ranchu but they are near impossible to find locally.

CichlidScotty

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada
I turned my 125g grow out tank for cichlids into a mellow zen tank for the bedroom. I now have 5 fancy goldfish in it, they are about tennis ball sized on the body. I'm trying to find two more to finish stocking the tank, I would like to find some ranchu but they are near impossible to find locally.

I'm starting another 29gallon with babies in my room, not sure what to add to it, but I gave up on looking for a species for my 180gallon with my 2ft Clown Knife & 18" cigar shark & a couple 12" Fan-tail Goldfish and 7 baby sized goldfish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store