Who is dumping Netflix because of the price hike?

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
Yeah, man ur right a 100% price increase is no reason to say screw them.

Ps ur paying too much for cell phone
I guess my thoughts are that it was surprisingly cheap before and with the price increase it's still a great deal deal, so I couldn't really complain. Mine didn't go up 100 percent, so I don't know if that's just some peoples. I actually did away with the mail service, since I have never used it. I think saying you should say screw them, because of a 100 percent price increase is silly. If I was buying a 1 cent piece of gum and they raised the price to 2 cents I'd still by the gum even with the 100 percent price increase. I guess it makes more sense to you to get rid of netflix and go back to buying for 20 dollars for a movie or renting for 3 or 4 dollars and only being able to keep a day or two.

I know that on the cellphone. I have an internet card and 2 smart phones. I need to turn off the internet card, since I don't use it anymore. Right now I'm pay 60 dollars a month for nothing.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
It was cheap. It no longer is. Plus come feb starz is gone. I still have them atm

soulpatch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2010
Downingtown, PA
A 100% price increase is fine if the service was underpriced to begin with or the value has risen. It has not and if anything the value is dropping with the reduction to the streaming library. The streaming was great when included in the cost of the DVD by mail to supliment the newish releases. On its own though the streaming is lacking when a lot of the content you can get for free or cheaper on other services for items like the TV series.

Further making it a dumb move is Blockbuster announcing streaming for Dish customers and soon to non Dish customers for less of a price then Netflix AND they include games and blu ray for free. If you are close to a store then you also get free in store exchanges so you can get new releases a month earlier then Netflix. And adding that Redbox allows you to rent for a dollar a night you can get roughly 8 dvds that way for same price as Netflix dvd rental.

The splitting of the services and the price increase has greatly hit netflix's value. They better hope that they stop losing customers monthly as they have been since this announcement so that they can have more secure income to make content aquisitions. Losing starz soon will be a much bigger hit then they anticipate especially when people notice that...

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
this was a good thread, i didn't sign up yet, gonna wait to see how things play out after starz is gone

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
Everybody knows you're too cheap to rent movies. You wait until they come out on DirecTv just like I do. :ROFL:

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
I'm going on 10 years with netflix now. I canceled the disks when the streaming disk came out for the ps3 (before it was downloaded into the system). The streaming selection has never really been great, but I always felt it was better than the paid channels on cable HBO, Starz, etc.). If it is going to get worse, I don't know if I will keep them. I've been thinking about getting the hulu subscription through the ps3, but I'm still unsure about that. How does vudu work?

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
I canceled Netflix when most ISP started enforcing bandwidth threshholds, which was before the price increase. If I still had them when the price increase happened I would have just canceled then. In reality, if you are tech savvy and have an internet connection you should never need such a service. Once canceled, I set up a Tversity server through my desktop and living room device (ps3), and now get whatever I want to watch, whenever, organized how I choose to organize it, for free, and save the extra cash for other bills.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Everybody knows you're too cheap to rent movies. You wait until they come out on DirecTv just like I do. :ROFL:
is this because of the tipping thread? that's wrong

i used to rent movies, only reason why i stopped is because i don't watch tv much anymore. i think i'll just try the 30 day free trial or something and see how i like it

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
No, its because you really are cheap. lol It's okay, I am too. We don't gain monetary wealth by spending all of our money on useless crap.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
No, its because you really are cheap. lol It's okay, I am too. We don't gain monetary wealth by spending all of our money on useless crap.
i'm ok to admit what i am, but i don't know if i would call myself cheap. i have a certain view about spending a lot of money on "quality" product. there are a lot of product that are considered imitations that are just as good if not better than brand name. i'd say i'm a bargain shopper. i don't like spending a lot more money on something just because they slap a popular logo on it. like my wife has a pair of polo sandles and they lasted about a month before they tore and i have a pair of sandles from kmart that i've had for years

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store