Dec 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
0-10%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I do water changes of 10 percent a week but I skipped one this week cuz I was busy so it's 20 percent per 2weeks this time. Parameters, ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 15. Tempm79.
Yesterday theknife was still healthy with black coloring and eatingmand swimming, today,it's still active and eating but the only difference is that color,I was shocked tomsee the color becoming white...
Any reason to why it's becoming white and fading? I'm so worried, I feed it bug bites once every day and blood worms once a week. It has no fin Rios or any sign of disease but only it's frightening coloration. Plz help.
Why is it fading and what should I do.

28AF38A7-7C37-4017-B8AE-0775CDE9087F.jpeg

3A8E67E5-530B-4E06-8970-99F2B6C795C7.jpeg

1B280782-46AE-4BF0-94DD-B24AFD2A4609.jpeg

Reactions: amazontank

Tom the bomb

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
more images. It likes to spend half of its time here between the UV and the other half in its personal cave in the bottom of the tank, it east food from the bottom too.
I've had it for 3months in this 40g and 1 month in the 80g. I moved it cuz it was still 4in and was couldn't compete for food with the cichlids. I might move it back when it's an adult

image.jpg

Reactions: amazontank

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Continue with keeping the water clean. Also try black worms soaked with vitamins.

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Hope the ghost knife got better!
I find that using prime conditioner and almond leaves with 25% a week water change will stop the fading.
As soon as I see any tinge of fading that usually starts at the gills means it's water change time.
The next day everything is cool.
Also back in California I had a large male that was acting strange and I tested the water for any possible tiny electric leak and found a tiny one from the heater with no visible signs to heater. Changed the heater and the fish was fine.
Would love to hear any more tips from the more legend Mfk'ers.
Be cool and keep on touch!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store