Why is my flowerhorn such a weenie?

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Thanks for the replies and stories everyone. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one having this issue. I added the sand and a female parrot. It helped him out a lot. Not finger chasing but growing some balls now. It seems like I just need to be more patience with him. Here's a crappy pic of the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1353547101.000609.jpg

abhishek92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2012
india
Put some tinfoil barbs so that your fh feels comfortable in tank and he can't kill barbs coz they are damn fast and I would also suggest to put atleast 4-5 tinfoils .

Sent from my WT19i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FHlov

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
Hawaii
tank looks too small for tinfoil group, unless that's some weird reflection in the image. They need room length wise to move around.

edit: I just read the first post again, it's a 24g, definitely not big enough.

abhishek92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2012
india
tank looks too small for tinfoil group, unless that's some weird reflection in the image. They need room length wise to move around.

edit: I just read the first post again, it's a 24g, definitely not big enough.
FHluv he can put tinfoils for short time until his fh dont get scared anymore and also it will be good exercise for the fh. That's what I think .:D:D

abhishek92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2012
india
Oh and I forgot to mention that my fh was also having some issues so I did the same in my 30 gallon and I got positive results from that as my fh started chasing tinfoil and marked his territory in tank(which was the whole tank.lol) and after 5-6 days he was no more afraid .hope this helps

uploadfromtaptalk1354104691950.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1354104739979.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store